In Progress- 14
Officially given up on– 9
So I know I’m not going to be able to finish everything on the list, but I’m at least hoping to get to 70. Right now I’m at 58 and I have 194 days left. Some I have completely given up on for various reasons, and they are italicized on the list and the ones I just gave up on this past month are located on the bottom of this post. The one goal I really care about finishing is AFI’s Top 100 movies. I feel like I have invested so much into that list that I need to finish it. And I have several friends who are doing the list as well, so it will be a joint effort. Plus I think it would be more difficult to watch these movies later when I don’t have people to hold me accountable to the list. All and all, I would say that November was a pretty productive month, considering how crazy it was schoolwise.
15. Drink a fruity drink on the beach- I did this at GA/FL at St. Simons. Orange Pineapple Juice, Cranberry Juice and Vodka. It was super good!
22. Apply to grad school- Today was the deadline for UGA’s School Counseling program and I got it all sent off. Now it’s time to wait and see what happens.
24. Take a creative writing class- I really enjoyed it, but I wish I would have made time to write more. I feel like some of the assignments we had to do were dumb, and I think I spent more time reading for that class than writing. But I definitely went out of my comfort zone in my writing because of this class and I definitely recommend it. Hopefully I will continue to write.
41. Get a map and mark all the places I’ve been- I ordered a World and a U.S. map, but they weren’t exactly what I thought they were, but I’m going to use them anyway. It’s hard to see my marks, even though I used a sharpie, but I guess it will work. I still need to hang them up, but they are marked!
79. Learn to play tennis- So I don’t know if I should be able to mark this off because after 10 weeks I still suck at tennis. I thought it would be a lot more fun and that the class would be informative, but it wasn’t. I only won a few sets ever, and that was mainly in doubles, and I never won a match. But at least I know the rules and can somewhat hit the ball. I just have no hand-eye coordination
13. Write a letter to someone at least once a month- So I’m super behind on this one. I still have to do September, October and November
17. Watch all the movies on the 100 Years…100 Movies list- Bonnie and Clyde 65/100
18. Read 101 books in 1001 days- Your Gay Friend’s Guide to Understanding Men, You’re Not From Around Here (Louise Blum), Awe (Dorothea Lasky), Descent of Alette (Alice Notley) Sleeping with the Dictionary, Souveniers of Solitude (Brennan Manning), Leaves of Grass (Walt Whitman), Christmas is Not Your Birthday (Michael Slaughter) 90/101
47. Type up all my journals- I haven’t worked on this, but I decided that I would not just type up all the Bible verses that are scattered throughout, unless I contributed to it in some way. This should cut down a lot of typing and make this more possible, since I have almost 20 left. Maybe Christmas break will be a possibility.
48. Get a new job- Because of my crazy easy schedule next semester, and the fact that I don’t want to go home for all of Christmas break, I’ve been looking for jobs and turning in applications. Hopefully I’ll find something soon!
67. Watch 250 movies- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallow Part 2, Gnomeo & Juliet, Bonnie and Clyde, Memento 194/250